Thursday, April 05, 2007

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Alvin and I was at Siem Reap, Cambodia from 27th Mar to 30th Mar. It was an awesome trip! if u don't mind getting under the HOT sun (41 degrees), sweating the whole day, sun burnt at the end of the whole trip and u love to see the ruins of Angkor Wat (one of the 7 wonders)... then that's the place u MUST visit! It's amazing structure and history makes me feel it's worth sweating!

The most exciting part of the trip was that we have to climb up a steep, narrow, high, ruined stairs at Angkor Wat.... climbing up is OK... pretty scary.... climbing down was like a horror to me... I was shaking the whole time while i took my own sweet time to get down. Of coz Alvin was with me... and I prayed while i were going down. :p But it's worth the effort and terror! hee hee...

There's nothing much to shop in Siem Reap.... basically, it's some stuffs that u can get from Bangkok or even in Singapore. So there's isn't shopping for me. Things are not very cheap there... coz they are using US dollars for transactions. :p We spend most of our money on sight seeing, FOOD (not very fantastic!) and taxes (US$25 each)... And also massage (traditional Khmer massage) which is not fantastic too....

We took our own transport (tuk tuk) to their local wet market.... it was very interesting to see a different culture. Alvin bought tobacco from one of the store and try, he said it was very strong... yuckie! And as requested by Yenling, I bought rice from the market too... YES RICE for her! haa haaa.... communcation was very bad.... they don't understand English at all... so when i ask how much... we have to like communicate as if we are dumb and mute... haa haa.. that's super interesting and funny too! haa haa.... it's a different culture! And I m liking it.

Now i m tanned and I m peeling on my shoulders... hee hee... but I love my tan... :p

here's all my 400 plus photos that we've took from Siem Reap which includes Angkor Wat... ENJOY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home