Sunday, August 06, 2006

Bangkok and Batam

BANGKOK

BANGKOK is darn good! And I definately will go back again if budget airways has got extremely good promotion! But, I've got bad experience even before I landed in BANGKOK! it was my fault actually.... I brought a Swiss Army knife... I got it from NZ. I love it so much! it's very nice, made of steel! I forgot that I have it in my bag, and I didn't check in my luggage. And when I enter the departure gate, it was spotted by the immigration officer and it's confiscated by them... and I beg and think of ways to get it back, i suggest to mail it back to my home or left it at the lost and found counter... but neither ways works. I was so sad! And I even went to the Swissport to ask for it when i got back from Thailand. Sigh.... Actually, this Swiss Army knife was suppose to be a gift for my ex-boyfriend, who was my boyfriend then when i went to NZ. But i love it so much that I decided not to give him. And today, i lost it to the airport... SIGH, when it's not meant to be mine, it not.... :(

When we reached Bangkok on Friday evening, I check in and realised that we don't get the new and renovated room that we arranged. We tried so hard to get it... but failed... so we just accepted it. That's minor... anyway, we are out 90% of the time, and when we are back, we will be too tired to bother how posh or bad the room is.... just hope that the room's not "dirty". :p We stayed in FRIST HOTEL at Pratunam. When we reached Bangkok it's very late and everything was closed. We went out to look for food, all we can find is Burger King and street food. I was reluctant to eat Burgers in BANGKOK and I was weary to eat street food, but it looks DARN good! But i m so afraid that I might have food poisoning after eating those food. So finally, we went back to hotel to eat local food! TOM YAM, MANGO SALAD.... etc... yummy!!!

The next day (my birthday), we went to Chatuchak Market! It was DARN HUGE!!!! And we briefly shop around... thank god, my friend, Reema, just got back from there and got me the map of Chatuchak and so we are not lost. We took a cab there... AND my GOODNESS, it's SO SO cheap!!! And yah, gee.... ALL CABs there IN bangkok are Toyota Altis!!! It's indeed MADE IN THAILAND! haa haaa..... And we took MRT back to hotel. That night we went to watch THAI Girls show in some dodgy place in Patpong. so Boring and not worth the money and time! I don't reckon! And after the show we went Suan Lum Night Bazzar! Both of us, love this place... it reminds me of the night market at Cairns!!! it's much better then Chatuchak.. more organised and not so HOT, maybe because it's in the evening. I managed to eat local food there!GOASH!! thumbs up for the food there!!!! We had a great feast there!!!! SPICY AND SOUR!!! GOOD!!!!
At Chachuchat Shopping, Lunch (Beef Noodles, Sotong Rice with Fried Egg and Tom Yam noodles). Went Suan Lum Night Bazzar for Shopping again and DINNER (Tom Yam soup, Sotong Salad, Mango Salad, BBQ BIG prawns, chicken rice, thai fish balls, BBQ sotong and Steam thai Sea Bass) YUMMY!!!!!

Second day, we went to Platinum Fashion Mall.. it's where they sell almost everything at warehouse price! We bought heaps of things! And for dinner, we walk from Pratunam to HRC at Siam Square. It was a LONG walk... we ask around and thought that it was nearby! After dinner at HRC, we went back to Suan Lum Night Bazzar again to continue our shopping!!! Gee.... walking the WHOLE DAY!!!
At The Platinum Fashion Mall for Lunch (Had thai beef noodles, Sharkfin and bird's nest. Then went to HRC for dinner)

Finally, on Monday, we didn't do much... we gotta to be at Airport in the afternoon... so we check out and leave.

We didn't take much pic of ourselve, purely becoz, we look so tired and we didn't dare to ask ppl from the street to take for us.... u never know they run away with my precious camera!

BATAM

Nothing to decide about this trip... we were there to relax, use their facilities like gym, swimming pool, Jacuzzi and massage. It was a 1 day getaway... coz i was give a voucher from Hotel for a special room rate. So just there to utilised this voucher!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home