Friday, June 22, 2007

First week with Pfizer..

Finally, I m in a totally new environment.... somewhere I ever wanted to be in.. and now i m in it - Pfizer, "the largest pharmaceutical company in the world." (quoted from Wikipedia) And on the other hand, i can't believe that I have walked out of Parkway Laboratory Services (my comfort zone) to move on to a new career. I m still thinking of those days that i was in Parkway Lab Services.. how i spent my time in the morning with my colleagues, how i solve my doctor's problems and requests, how i lead my team, how i do my paperwork (including Budgeting - my annual nightmare!) in the office etc...
Well, with Pfizer, i will be doing the same thing, just that i will be selling a different product, covering a different area (after this, i have completed covering the WHOLE island wide of Doctors!) and representing a different company... occasionally, i do intro myself on the phone as I m calling from Parkway Lab... feels so weird to change, must think twice before introducing myself. :p
So far, for the first day, i was pretty lost.... blur! I think it's a normal feeling.... Pfizer is Darn big... with heaps of sales reps in the company! My boss's a guy... pretty nice! Get to know more about him and my team more as time goes by. For the first few days, i had this regrets of changing my job to Pfizer.. i wish i can be back with Parkway Lab. I was dragging myself to work for the first few days.... then finally, these 2 days (Thurs and Fri) we had event at Novotel Hotel with team buildings and some other meetings.... I get to know more ppl and know alot more about my team of colleagues and I feel so much better. I think I can do as well as I did with Parkway Lab.
Today, during one of the team building game, I was appointed to be the leader for the group of 25 people... being new, i admit that i lack of confidence... I don't know most of the team members in the group of 25. But i definitely do my best to lead... but i do have some other colleagues came fwd to help me too. At the end of the game, we won! And i was being "sabotage" to say something about the game.... And i commented that Team Work is very important... and everyone of us has got this inborn leadership skills in us and we came fwd to help each other and that is why we won! (of coz in me, i feel a little disappointed that I m not confident enough to control such a group well. Maybe I feel intimated that because I m NEW.) But everyone was surprise that I m Ok to stand fwd to be the leader for the game because I m only 5 days old with the company. Heee.... I myself also surprise too!
Pfizer is a fun American company... so generous with its employees. Today after the event, we had our dinner at Hooters! We had games! Sabotaging the new comers.... and I manage to escape from it! I was in the loo when my name is being called.... :p
So far, I m doing well, although initially i feel sucks! I m sure I will do even better as time pass... :p Wish me LUCK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home