Saturday, February 04, 2006

Being a good Daughter-in-law....

I m writing this not really to bitch about my bro's wife, but to allow my friends to understand that there is such people exists and we learnt from all these nonsense that I've seen these few year after living together with my sis-in-law. And hopefully, after reading this, we become a better person for others. We, girls, one day being someone's daughter-in-law should not behave this way, I think. Afterall, we should respect everyone in the family. Don't think that you can be treated like a queen.
This is what my sis-in-law has been doing all these years.... learnt from her mistakes and avoid making such mistakes.
1. She nevers mops or sweep the floor. Once, i overheard that she claims that she don't know how to sweep the floor.
2. After dinner (mum cooks dinner), she cleans her own bowl and chopsticks. I don't see her helping my mum or me with the cleaning of other cookwares.
3. She will SCOLD hokkien vulgar language, BANG THE DOOR and LEAVE THE HOUSE if anyone irritates her horribly. Like accidentally discolored her clothes when my dad was trying to help her do laundry. That was when we first shift in together.
4. She don't even know how to change a light bulb.
5. She don't allow anyone to touch her things. That's fair enough. But it's OK to help her keep her laundry. Doesn't it sound like being her maid?
6. She will COMPLAINT, when someone, usually me on Saturdays, bath in the middle of the night, say 2am. She complaints that the sound of running water disturb her sleep. U mean she can't sleep well when it's raining outside??
7. She never says THANK YOU when someone help her to do something. Like a simple action of helping her to open the door when she forgets her key.
8. She treats people, especially my mum, as her junk man. She gives away things that she thinks it doesn't suit her anymore or out of fashion. Maybe she was thinking "don't waste, just give it away" but i think it's rude.
9. After having the baby around, i never see her washing her baby's clothes. Most of the time, it was my mum. Strange? She can hand wash her own clothes, but not her baby's clothes. What? Mum's her maid?
10. During her 3 mths maternalty leave, she hardly look after her baby when my mum's cooking dinner. Poor mum gotta run up and down to make sure her food's not burnt and baby's fine. My sis-in-law will either sleep in the room or out of the house. Can't she offer to help!??
11. In the afternoon, she leaves her baby with mum in the living room. And she either sleeps or go for some slimming session. My poor mum don't need to rest and take a afternoon nap too??
12. She hardly address my dad as father.
13. She throws tantrum at least once a year (Don't know why?). She will pick on things to SCOLD, PACK HER THINGS AND LEAVE THE HOUSE FOR A DAY, for no good reason. She had such incident with everyone in the house. And that includes me. Since then, i decided not to interact with her too much to avoid such senseless arguments. And for 1 year... i hardly speak to her and hardly see her although we stay under one roof. Sad to say. Some people like her, it's always best to avoid any communication.
14. In other words, she treats my mum like maid. She thinks everyone should treat her like a queen. As if, everyone owes her a favor.
GUYS, please please, don't marry a girl like that. U are giving yourself and your family hard time. GIRLS, please please, do the right thing. Give some respect to your in-laws.
Personally, i find this girl a problem in the family. But it's always good to meet someone like her. I, then, know what to do and what not to do. I should be a better person after experiencing with such lady here in my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home